Here at InterMountain Medical Clinic our goal is to help you manage your health and to help prevent future illnesses or conditions. One of the services we provide is Preventive Medicine Visits. Preventive Medicine Visits go by many names; Annual Wellness Visit, Well Adult Visit, Well Child Visit, also Yearly Physical Exam. We provide Preventive Medicine Visits to all patients. The purpose of a Preventive Medicine Visit is to identify potential health problems, like heart disease, cancer, stroke and other serious diseases, in the early stages when they may be easier and less costly to treat.
Most health insurance companies cover one Preventive Medicine Visit per year for adults and multiple visits per year for children depending on the age of the child. Often these visits are covered at 100% but this varies depending on your insurance company and your policy. InterMountain Medical Clinic does not track each patient’s policy; it is the responsibility of the patient or guardian to know their coverage.
What is included in your Preventive Medicine Visit
- An age and gender appropriate comprehensive history and physical examination
- Risk factor reduction interventions or counseling
- Review of medications
- Ordering of appropriate immunizations and/or laboratory/diagnostic procedures
- Management of chronic stable illnesses or conditions
Medicare and Medicare Advantage Coverage:
- Complete health history
- Screening to detect depression, risk of falling and other problems
- Limited physical examination to check blood pressure, weight, vision, level of activity and other things depending on age and gender
- Recommendations for other wellness services and healthy lifestyle changes
FAMILY PRACTICE HOURS
|Monday – Thursday||8:00AM – 8:00PM|
|Friday||8:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Saturday Instacare||9:00AM – 5:00PM|
Highland Medical Park
1951 Bench Road, Suite B
Pocatello, ID 83201
OUR PATIENTS SAY
Come see what our patients are saying about the services that we provide.
Very nice people that work there. Never had a problem with anything. Me and my kids go there. always so nice.
The doctors really care about the patients. They have fast, friendly, and professional. staff. Great experience.
Great Clinic! I have used their Urgent Care which was great and have scheduled my normal non-emergency visits. I have called in for some quick prescription refills and they accommodated my need to rush it though. When looking looking for a primary care doctor, I was recommend by a friend to see Dr. Thayne. He has been great!